Thursday, November 2, 2017

Hath pakha

Haath pakha....
Being a bong I am very much fond with the term  haath pakha. It's one of our traditional symbol. Whenever u visit any bong's house you will definitely find some hath pakha.... Now a days mostly in their store rooms.

Hath pakha is mainly a palm leaf hand  fan which is used mostly during summer time. It's not only confined to summer time .... It is also an important part of our each and every celebration from marriage to Annoprashan, from pujo to jamai sashti. It's an important part of our baron dala means arti thali.

From childhood only I am very much crazy about hath pakha and have lots of thakuma dida memories related to hath pakha. But it's very sad that now a days kids don't know about all these charms of life. Sometimes I feel very bad about our present robotic lifestyle. Leave this topic here only otherwise my hath pakha will become upset.
Now a days my craziness for hath pakha increased a number of times because it will help me to decorate my home with little bit traditional touch. Here I want to say one thing I love decorating and redecorating my home again and again and every time I feel happiness from within. Through out the year the decorating redecorating cycle is going on.
Coming back to the topic hath pakha. Getting an authentic hath pakha in Dubai is just next to impossible. I searched a couple of shops then one night I thought why not I vl make a hath pakha with cardboard.... Because I only need them for decoration.
Then I made this hath pakha, decorated with red  fabric to give a authentic touch as real hath pakha also have red, green or yellow coloured fabric frill border. Then painted a pair of fish.... I love fish.... Whether it is in curry or in paintings....and my hath pakha is ready. Now it's time to  hang it....

No comments:

Post a Comment